Bionic Cube – Model Numbers BC-80-A1 (White), BC-80-B1 (Black), BC-80-C1 (Gray), BC-80-D1 (Blue)
1 x Bionic Cube
1 x Cleaning Brush
1 x AC Power Adapter
1 x Owner’s Guide
1 x USB-C Cable
Power + Fan Speeds
- PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT USE/CARE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY AND KEEP THEM SOMEWHERE SAFE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- Carefully unpack your Bionic Cube and Accessories.
- Now let’s pick a location for your Bionic Cube. Somewhere with the least obstructions to the air inlets or the treated air outlet.
- Consider the direction you would like the airflow to exit your Bionic Cube into the space being treated.
- Also consider how the flow will be generated from the outlet. Placed in one corner blowing to the opposite corner of a room with no interior walls works well.
- Place your Bionic Cube on the selected surface. Adjust BC Outlet position to achieve desired flow. This could be facing upward, on an angle using the fold out arms, or lying on its side if required.
- To fold out the arms, lift the rubber tip of each leg with your fingertip and rotate them outward. (They might be a bit snug the first time or two)
- TIP: IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED to point the Bionic Cube directly at a wall or other obstruction. The Positive and Negative ions can cancel each other out when colliding with one another. This would greatly reduce the density and effectiveness of Ions in your space.
Plug the provided USB-C cable into the power port, then choose A or B.
A. Plug into any 5 Volt USB power source (Recommended 2A or higher to avoid possible intermittent operation) OR:
B. Plug into the provided 2A power adapter.
Press the power button and select the desired speed setting (below).
- 1st Press / 1 x Green Light = Quiet
- 2nd Press / 2 x Green Lights = Low
- 3rd Press / 3 x Green Lights = Medium
- 4th Press / 1 x Blue Light = High
- 5th Press / 2 x Blue Lights = Turbo
- 6th Press / 3 x Blue Lights = Max
- 7th Press / No Lights = OFF
AUTO RESUME ON POWER INTERRUPTION FEATURE: If the power is interrupted because of power failure, depleted battery pack, or cable being unplugged, the Bionic Cube will resume its last power setting when power is restored.
Maintenance / Instructions
It is recommended the BC Ionizer brushes are dusted gently at regular intervals with the included cleaning brush. Keeping these carbon brushes clean of dust and debris maintains maximum +/- Ion output and performance.
You may notice after extended use, dust will collect in areas both on/around the Bionic Cube. This is a normal occurrence and easy to clean using a damp cloth or solution of diluted isopropyl alcohol.
Cleaning The Carbon Brushes
- Turn the Bionic Cube off and unplug it before cleaning. (Do not touch the carbon brushes when power is applied)
- The outside of the Bionic Cube can be cleaned with a soft, clean dampened cloth.
- The Carbon brushes, fan and interior hard to reach places can be cleaned with the provided brush.
- The Bionic Cube Face Plate and Main Body can be removed for a more complete cleaning of the Fan and Interior.
- Ensure the Bionic Cube is powered off when removing the Face Cover or Main Body to avoid shock or harm.
- Caution should be used and only the soft brush supplied, or equivalent should be used to dislodge any difficult debris.
- If canned air is used for cleaning the Bionic Cube, it should be done outside. This will avoid distributing potentially irritating dust back inside your space.
How to Open your Bionic Cube
– For Top Fan Cover and Arm
- Remove the 4 top corners to access 4 screws.
- Remove the 4 screws.
- Lift the Fan Cover and Remove the 2 arms from the front of the Bionic Cube.
- Set the Face Cover, Screws, Corner Covers, and Arms to the side.
– For Main Body
- The Main Body will now lift off giving you access to the internal area and top/bottom of the fan.
- You may now gently clean the fan blades and other interior components with a microfiber cloth and the brush supplied.
Once Finished Cleaning reinstall the Main Body/Arms/Fan Cover and Screws. ENJOY!
Problem: Unit will not operate
- Make sure the unit is properly plugged in and the power point/ outlet is energized.
- Check to make sure the unit is on by pressing the selector button to cycle speed settings.
- Try using another Cable or Wall Power Adapter (2.1A or higher).
- If problem persists contact Customer Support for further Troubleshooting and or Warranty.
Problem: Excessive Noise or Vibration
- Clean unit to remove excess dust.
- Remove front cover inspect and clean fan.
- Reinstall front cover.
- If problem persists contact Customer Support for further Troubleshooting and or Warranty.
NOTE: A Steady or Flashing Red light on the bottom of the Bionic Cube would indicate a fault with the Ionizer or Fan. Contact Customer Service for further troubleshooting or to arrange a return to an authorized service center.
Please read all instructions thoroughly before using your Bionic Cube and only operate as described in the manual. When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to help reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons. These precautions should include but are not limited to:
- Use the provided USB C to USB cable and plug the Bionic Cube directly into a 5 volt (2 Amp), USB power point, Battery pack or using the provided AC 110/220 60/50 Hz Adapter, the Adapter should be plugged into a properly grounded AC 110/220 60/50 Hz. electrical outlet.
- Remove any protective shipping materials that the Bionic Cube is packed with when shipped.
- Keep any cord out of heavy traffic areas to avoid tripping. To avoid fire hazard, NEVER put the cord under rugs, near heat registers, radiators, stoves, or heaters.
- To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT immerse the Bionic Cube in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is recommended when The Bionic Cube is used by or near children, or disabled persons.
- ALWAYS unplug the Bionic Cube before cleaning the unit, opening the front grill, changing any added external filter and whenever the unit is not in use. To disconnect the unit, be sure to pull the plug and not the cord.
- NEVER drop or insert any objects into the openings of the Bionic Cube while operating. Recommended cleaning items should only be inserted when the unit is powered off.
- DO NOT operate the Bionic Cube with a damaged cord or plug, fan failing to operate, has red problem light illuminated, or has been dropped/damaged in any manner. Discard the unit or return it to an authorized service facility.
- Use the Bionic Cube only for the intended use as described in this manual.
- The use of third-party attachments is not recommended; they may affect unit lifespan and efficiency.
- Use caution outdoors when plugged into an AC Outlet or Power Bank as cables can be tripping hazards.
- Keep the Bionic Cube away from heated surfaces and open flames.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this Bionic Cube. Doing so will void your warranty. The inside of the unit contains no user serviceable parts. All servicing should be performed at an authorized Service Center.
- DO NOT place anything on top of the Bionic Cube.
- NEVER use detergents, gasoline, glass cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner, or other household solvents to clean any part of the Bionic Cube.
Bionic Cube product users should always use reasonable safety precautions to prevent the transmission of pathogens, including SARS- COV-2. You should not rely on Bionic Cube products alone to contain or prevent its spread. It is important to comply with all applicable public health laws and guidelines issued by federal, state, and local authorities, including guidance published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including but not limited to social distancing, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, and the use of face masks where required.
1 Year Limited Warranty
Haldeman Services LLC warrants that for a period of one year from the date of purchase, this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. HSLLC, at its option, will repair or replace this product or any component of the product found by HSLLC to be defective during the warranty period. Replacement will be made with a new or remanufactured product or component. If the product is no longer available, replacement may be made with a similar product of equal or greater value. This is your exclusive warranty. Do NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this product. Doing so will void this warranty. This warranty is valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep the original sales receipt. Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty. HSLLC dealers, service centers, or retail stores selling HSLLC products do not have the right to alter, modify or in any way change the terms and conditions of this warranty.
This warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: negligent use or misuse of the product, use on improper voltage or current, use contrary to the operating instructions, unauthorized disassembly, repair or alteration by anyone other than HSLLC or an authorized HSLLC service center. Further, the warranty does not cover: Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes, and tornadoes.
HSLLC Limits of Liability
HSLLC shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express, implied, or statutory warranty or condition.
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in duration to the duration of the above warranty.
HSLLC disclaims all other warranties, conditions, or representations, express, implied, statutory. or otherwise.
HSLLC shall not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the purchase use or misuse of, or inability to use the product including incidental, special, consequential, or similar damages or loss of profits, or for any breach of contract, fundamental or otherwise, or for any claim brought against purchaser by any other party.
Some provinces, states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from province to province, state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
How to Obtain Warranty Service Register my Warranty?
When you first unbox your Bionic Cube and the receipt is still handy, it’s a great time to register for your warranty by emailing us at: Support@BionicCube.com
Please also include the following:
Original purchase receipt, Full Name, Address, and Contact Phone Number.
To guarantee your coverage please send this proof of purchase to us within the first 90 days of ownership.
If you have any questions regarding this warranty or would like to obtain warranty service, please email Customer Support and we will provide you with an answer, convenient solution, or service center address.
This warranty is offered by HSLLC in the U.S.A. doing business as Haldeman Services LLC. located in Florida. If you have any other problem or claim in connection with this product, please email our Consumer Support Department.
PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO ANY OF THE PUBLICLY LISTED COMPANY ADDRESSES ONLY THE SUPPLIED WARRANTY CENTER PROVIDED BY CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT SUPPORT@BIONICCUBE.COM
Bionic Cube is a Registered Trademark of Haldeman Services LLC. Distributed by Haldeman Services LLC. Florida, USA.
© 2021 Haldeman Services LLC. All Rights Reserved.